Sunday 8 May 2016

BOSSING MY FEELINGS ON THIS BLOG'S SECOND ANNIVERSARY


Greetings, it’s been a while since there was any real activity here. I take full responsibility for that. Welcome back to my media space. If this is your first time visiting this blog, my names are Jeremiah Wakamu. This blog started in April 2014 and has been active since then. It has been a long journey from baby steps of faith, to now giant steps. This far only God! In celebrating the second anniversary, I want to take time and recall where it all began. I had heard it before a couple of times to be precise that if you want to write, take a pen and blank writing pad and fill it with words. That was the genesis of my motivation but that would do less in welling up creativity and words that would touch the lives of my dear readers. But anyway when you want to fly you dare to try. And so I was a dreamer who envied spreading love, excellence and faith. As an ICT Technician Intern at Nairobi City County Government Offices – Kenya I came guns brazing with a makeshift blog, unprofessional, naïve and inexperienced.

The Re-branding
You see, initially when I was starting, I had no idea I had the ability to write sustainably for those two years. Well, it has happened, for this reason its FEEL GOOD MAY in celebrating the second anniversary. One more thing, I was uncertain about what was the core thing I was starting this blog for. And so I oscillated between a few options until I finally settled down six months later when I re-branded to JEREMIAH WAKAMU: HELPING YOU JOIN THE DOTS. I had all along been naïve and was unaware that this would eventually need more reflections and clarity. And so it was now clear that I needed to transform this blog into a site where someone would visit and find hope and learn how they would “join the dots” of excellence in life. The journey since then began and there’s no turning back.


The Second Anniversary
As you join me in reflecting this painfully yet amazing journey, one thing I can point out on this anniversary is that from the first article with no re-branding, the consistent message has been excellence, hope and understanding God’s plan over a person’s life to excel. We’ve moved from does God feel my pain, to diligent hands will rule, to perspectives in wealth creation and to are you still looking to be validated. When I first began to write, just as anyone starting something new, I was fired up and was ready to go. I had in particular nothing to write about but I had the excitement and the enthusiasm to make it happen. The excitement, courage and enthusiasm provided the fuel to thrust me into the media space. But that was not enough to sustain the passion! Get it from me, times the journey though worth taking hasn’t been a smooth to follow through. And I think that’s what life is about, we always insufficient to make things happen and times we leave them just after starting out. In it all, I HAVE LEARNT TO PUSH MYSELF TO THE LIMITS AND FOLLOW THROUGH THIS COMMITMENT DESPITE HOW I FEEL. Time very unfaithful but I quickly retract and follow it, no wonder on this month when I’m celebrating the second anniversary not a month has passed without having at least one article posted.


Blogging and Feelings
You see dear friends, times I don’t feel good about the blog and the passion to write always, other times I’m tired or am late in completing an article. And other times I feel all the three and so I simply DON’T WANT TO CONTINUE. I mean the struggle with feelings, emotions and will is real. And so when they push you to the wall you have an option to let them boss you and turn around, walk away and call it a closed chapter or boss them, take control and move on writing. But that’s not me and shouldn’t be you! At those moments, you have to stand tall, take charge and boss you feelings and keep going.

Dear readers, quitting this blog would to me not look like a big deal and indeed it’s not compared to other things which if I walked away would matter most like faith. I can choose to explore what I feel good about and abandon this blog. The truth is the choice to abandon it would be “inconsequential” but it does matter. You know why? It’s because such a moment and a choice lays the ground for what we’ll do in future where high stakes are involved. We can’t just let our own feelings take over now and hope they will not do it again in when we are pursuing other higher agendas in life. When we permeate them today, the point is we will let them boss us even in future.

In this month of May when this blog is celebrating its second anniversary, I want you to understand that feelings, emotions and will make us feel inadequate. When they come within our hearts and mind we feel like we really don’t measure up and so we think we should quit and not bother. You’ve to understand that we are indeed weak and by ourselves we have no confidence or the strength to make things be. What’s important is to acquire a new mindset and let God furnish us with sense of adequacy and self-worth. You don’t have to feel awesome to pursue a new business, you don’t have to feel good and blessed to attend a Sunday service and you don’t have to feel nice to talk with tenderness to your colleagues. When we go through life with feelings and emotions bossing us around, we experience frequent defeats. We cannot stand up on our own and anything can toss us around.

Conclusion
On this anniversary I am renewing my commitment, to not walk away but to soldier on with better, innovative, inspiring, motivating and educative articles in this year and beyond. I don’t want to regret that I did not feel it and so I quit. I want to invite God so that he can help me walk it through and stick in it. I want to celebrate in the future when I look back and say surely, I made it because I did not let my canal ideas to abandon this noble God's given mandate and talent prevail. I trust you too will walk with me.


THANK YOU GOD, FOR OFFERING TO HELP ME STICK IN THIS BLOG AND BE FAITHFUL TO MY READERS AND YOUR CALLING.


With Mothering Sunday quickly approaching, I must this year celebrate two women my MUM, MARY M. GATONGA and my only Sister GRACE W. GATONGA who have played an important role in mentoring and encouraging me all through. They have been amazing friends and I can only hope that my constant absence at home will be compensated by my undying hope and love for them. MAY GOD BLESS YOU AND KEEP YOU. You are a blessing to have you. Happy mothering Sunday to all women readers and friends. I really bless God for you, you mean much to me and this blog.


Have a reflective life. Remember to stay in touch with me at jeremiahwakamu@gmail.com or on Facebook Jeremiaho Wakamu to keep this discussion going. And again referrals though you social media network/connection and word of mouth is the best you can do for this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment