Wednesday 18 February 2015

Signs of GO and STOP in life



Today (18Th Day of February) I am celebrating my third birthday after my teens. Indeed as I remember of the past days, I honestly say “THE LORD HAS BEEN WITH ME. HE IS EBENEZER” Thank God that life has not been smooth all through. There have been many battles that I faced. There have been days I wished I would skip. There have been others I wished that all my days were like them. These were lovely days. They were calm. I had fun in them. In sum total, I had happiness through those days.
This photo in here remind me my days. I remind me that I was once young. I was Helpless to be sincere for some early part of my life. But now at least I can take care of myself. I have grown.

But as I think of this day and all the days that have past, I wonder what made the whole difference of keeping me going on each day. As I move on what dictates what I will do today and not tomorrow.
Honestly speaking, there have been all signs in life that indicated it was time to go and at times there were others to stop. There were all signs that I needed to do some things and not others. Other times there were simply signs that I was wrong and I needed to change direction in life. When we are moving in the course of life, there will always be seasons to do this and that. There as seasons to prepare the fields. Seasons to plant, weed, harvest and store in the barns. There are seasons for laboring and others for resting. Seasons to cry and weep and seasons to be happy
And before these seasons come, there will always be signs that something is about to happen. Something is about to be brought forth in the coming season. And before a season is over, too there are signs that it has come to its climax. A season comes to an end when something is brought forth; when something is delivered. For a breeding season among the wild animals especially those that migrate, it comes to the end when new owns are born and hatched. Whether patterns never lie, human beings have for long observed the behavior of certain animals and plants and forecast what will happen in the coming days. And so if they had migrated to a breeding habitat, they take a journey back to their original home where they live. May be the onset, of heavy rains is the indication that the breeding season has begun. Nests are made ready among the birds to receive eggs that hatch. Females become ready to nurse the new kids.
In human, it’s no different. We too need to be prepared when we see certain things happen to us and/or round us. They are indeed a sigh that we need to be prepared for something in that season. We need to get our horses ready for the takeoff in the new season. Or perhaps they are a warning that something somewhere needs to be relooked. Maybe there will be times we will be warned against going in that direction or maybe we will be literally told, “Heeey, you are wrong. Please think otherwise.” We are not always right. Other times we are not always wrong. And we are not always wrong. We are sometimes right. That should give us a reason to have faith in what we are doing.
All these times happen in the life of a person. Not because we live segmented life, but it’s a whole cycle that we go through. For each of these seasons, we learn a new thing. And it does not matters what we are learning and when, what matters is, if the lesson will get into our nerve and stick. And we should not think that perhaps we are better learning something better than others. Even if they are learning what we learnt many days ago, that is not a reason to look down on them. What they learning now is significant to them at their season. It’s what they badly need at that particular sign. As they learn, let’s not forget that
To me, these signs are all around us. Take for example people. They will not what we are doing and make general and specific comments about us and what we are doing and what we need to be doing and what time. Be careful to listen to them. They may not necessarily be right, but they are to some extent right on what could be right for us. They comment on your ability, strength, weakness and new opportunities for us. Give an ear to their talk. Ask for their opinion but let it not shape your action.
Also the birthday parties for each one of us. It’s a tap on the back that we need to do something different each year. It’s a reminder that it’s time to do this and not that. It’s a time to marry, retire or stop certain habits associated with a certain age group. To me, today is reminder that time is moving. Whatever goal that I have in life needs to be achieved before I succumb to the powers of death. I need to work while I am a live because in the grave there will be no work to be done. Every day is near to the grave and farer from the birthday day. I need to live wisely and redeem time. As things change each day do I need to. I need to make some impact before the next birthday
The end or start of academic programs too is another sign. It’s a significant symbolizing something has changed. The end of school calendar is a sign that we need to proceed to something else. To advance now or later but also it may signify that you have not done as expected and may need further time to do it. It’s an indication that you need to start working, either in formal employment or in self-employment. You need to start finding something worthy while with your hands for a reward of wages and salaries.
We could speak of promotions and demotions in jobs and careers too as signs in life for something. Think also of burials we attend for our friends and relatives. They too speak of our destiny in life.
Whether we want it or not, when a season is gone and we choose to remain in there, we become fools. If we become stagnant when there are signs to do something else, then we are fools. When it’s all systems go, get ready and move on. When it’s all systems off, it’s a sign stop and if it’s get ready, be prepared for it.
You can get in touch with me on jeremywakamu@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment